Thursday, April 20, 2006

CYOA proposal due next week

As discussed and decided in class last night, a short proposal is going to be due next week. This proposal should describe what you want to do for the choose your own adventure project, in particular:

1) Who you'll be working with
2) A brief-brief summary of the story you want to tell
3) How much control you want to afford the reader in your story
4) What the final form of the project will look like---a manuscript? a website? a hypertext? a Flash animation? print-on-demand book? e-book/PDF? etc?

You can post your proposal here, email it to me, or bring it to class with you next week.

2 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Carl said...

I've started writing my CYOA allready, its already taken a few unexpected turns on me but I have a pretty good idea what I generally want to accomplish.

Its the old story of the guy who inherits a mansion from an uncle he never new he had. Of course there will be dark going ons once he arrives and attempts to solve the mystery without the aid of Scoobie Snacks. I'm going to try to take a story that everyone has heard or seen a thousand times and do something interesting with it.

I don't have anyone lined up to work on it with me yet and at this late date I expect to be working on it alone, I'm going to bring some pages in tonight if anyone is interested in a look at what I've got so far.

So far I'm working on a hard copy of the text but I am considering posting it online on a web site that is dedicated to such stories. I'm a little concerned since it looks like most of the people using this site are teens, but from looking at a sample of their stuff I should not offend them to badly, just bore the poor tykes to tears.

I want to controll the action of the story as much as I can, branching mabe two complete stories with many dead ends along the way. However, this format keeps trying to hijack my computer and go where it wants to go. Poorly lit places with loud music and shady charectors whome my parents whould never approve of.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Trevor Dodge said...

Sounds good, Carl. Go for it.

However, do consider including a Scooby Snack or two along the way, will ya? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home